Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thirsty Thursday: Raspberry Beer Cocktail

 Now that it's spring time, I thought I'd go with a fun, yummy raspberry cocktail this week for Thirsty Thursday.  I found this one from Southern Living.

Raspberry Beer Cocktail

You can use fresh raspberries, but frozen taste just as good.

YIELD: Makes 6 servings
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COURSE: Beverages, Beverages, Alcoholic 

    Ingredients
3/4 cup frozen raspberries*
3 1/2 (12-oz.) bottles beer, chilled
1 (12-oz.) container frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup vodka
Garnish: lemon and lime slices 

    Preparation
Stir together first 4 ingredients. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.

Note: To make ahead, stir together lemonade concentrate and vodka in a large container. Chill up to 3 days. Stir in raspberries and beer just before serving. Garnish, if desired.

 RGL

5 comments:

  1. Interesting... does it matter what kind of beer you use? I'm having a big party and this could be fun to serve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it matters...I mean, I think I'd stick to regular light....mich ultra, bud light, etc. I don't know if I'd branch off to something heavy.
    I think this would be a fun beverage to serve. Good luck at your party...let me know if you decide to make it and how it turns out.
    -Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of pink panty droppers..have you ever had them? I think it's vodka, beer, and pink lemonade? I hate beer, but actually really like the combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of them, but I can't say I've ever had them...they sound delish though. And I love the name. Haha.

    ReplyDelete