Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Honey Chicken Kabobs


This is a recipe me and the roommates made last week that I forgot to blog about.  You know it's spring time when you pull out the skewers and make kabobs!!!  And these had LESS than 200 calories in them....well, the kabobs did anyway....I'm not counting the Sweet Potato Fries that we added w/ them....but we baked them so they weren't THAT BAD...right?  Haha, regardless, this meal was oh so YUMMY!!!!!!!  
 Ingredients
3 large yellow peppers
1 large onion
10 medium mushrooms
2 chicken breasts, bone and skin removed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
pack of skewers
Directions
Mix olive oil, honey, and lemon juice well.
Cut up the chicken breasts into 3 inch slices and mix with the olive oil mixture. Let set for 3-4 hours.
Meanwhile, soak the shish kabob skewers in water.
Cut up the red onions into strips.
Place two pieces of bell pepper and two mushrooms with two pieces of the chicken in any order on the shish kabobs. Place onion strips throughout on the skewers.
Place on grill until cooked thouroughly (around 15 minutes) or you can broil them in your oven for around the same time.
Make sure that you rotate them as they are cooking.

Then, your done!!!!!  Now, put them on a plate with your sweet potato fries (or whatever you choose to go along with them)...and CHOW DOWN!!!
Number of Servings: 5

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople

Number of Servings: 5

View full nutritional breakdown of Honey Chicken Kabobs calories by ingredient

RGL

10 comments:

  1. Hello! I found you on a blog that I read! How are you. I love your blog. Check mine out at laughinglovingandliving.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww what a great surprise!!! I'm fabulous, how are you? I just left you a message on facebook last night I think..maybe it was the night before. I'll def. go and check your blog out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kabobs! They always remind me of summertime! And ha, that's too weird how similar we are with the friendship. Too bad we don't live nearby, we could start a "casual friendship," haha! I have a feeling we'd become close friends fast though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha I love it! Yea, I totally agree...you can be my "casual" blog friend...if that's even possible.

    And yes, kabobs are awesome...we're having shrimp creole tonight so be on the look out for that recipe in the near future. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look delicious! Adding this recipe to my bookmarks folder! BTW...newly following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jocelyn, it was very yummy!

    And hey Leah, welcome to my blog. thanks for following. :) I'm now following your 2 precious blogs. I can't wait to see what kind recipes you'll share with us next.

    Hope yall have a great day. -Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good! I'm definitely going to have to try them this spring! I love sweet potato fries so I would add those too!

    Thanks for the great recipe!
    xoxo, elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Elizabeth, you should def. try them...let me know how they turn out. They were super yummy...it's making me hungry just thinking a/b them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Munchkins cat breeder, we stand behind our guarantee, our customers, and our kittens! We go to great efforts to ensure that our kittens are healthy and socialized with an excellent demeanor that is native to the breed of each kitten.
    munchkin kittens for sale
    munchkin kittens
    munchkin for sale
    munchkin cats for sale
    munchkin cat | munchkin cat for sale | munchkin kittens for sale | munchkin cats for sale | munchkin cat breeders | munchkin kittens for sale near me | munchkin kitten for sale | munchkin cats | munchkin kittens for sale near me | munchkin kittens | buy munchkin cats | munchkin kitten for sale | munchkin cat for sale | standard munchkin kitten for sale | dwarf cats for sale | cat breeders near me | munchkin breeders near me | white munchkin cats | dwarf cats | short legged munchkin kittens for sale | short legged kittens for sale

    ReplyDelete