Happy Friday!!!!! Again, as I mentioned in my previous post, we had a baby shower last week for one of the girls in my department at work and I wanted to contribute something cute for the desserts. After researching a little bit, I saw these baby face cupcakes on Pintrest and decided to give them a try.
Here’s how I made them:
What you need: (Note, this is for an any sex baby shower because the Mom’s not finding out if it’s a boy or girl so I had to use all different color pacifiers)
- Box of cake mix
- White Icing
- Cooper Food Coloring
- Chocolate Chips
- Step one: Make the cupcakes as you normally would. When you make them, do not overfill, about half way is fine. You want them to be flat. If they puff up after being baked, use a serrated knife to cut off the top.
- Step two: Color the frosting skin color….add one drip of the copper food coloring. Yes copper…I know it sounds crazy, but it actually works. If you put more than one drip then it’ll turn a pinkish color.
- Step three: After the cupcakes have cooled off, start icing them.
- Step four: Make the eyes…I used chocolate chips and inserted them upside down for the eyes.
- Step five: Insert the pacifier into the cupcake and you’re good to go. You can always get brown gel and make hair if you’d like, but I just did mine this way.
If you have any questions, I’ll be happy to answer them. And if you decide to make these adorable little things…please let me know…I’d LOVE to see them.